1.17.2008

Student Teaching

I started student teaching at H.B. DuPont Middle at the beginning of January. The end of my studies is finally in sight! I jumped right in the second day teaching all five periods of seventh grade science. It has been a very rewarding experience full of personal growth. I have to say it is one of the most challenging things that I have done in my life so far.
The kids are great. We are studying the cell. I helped to design and execute two lessons so far. We pretended to be Crime Scene Investigators doing cheek swabs. We observed dyed epithelial cells under the microscope. The lesson was a great hit. My second lesson was an experiment demonstrating diffusion and osmosis. It was nice and messy and included a lot of steps.
I am looking forward to spreading the word about science for a couple more months.

1 comment:

joker said...

I thought teaching has always been interesting... it's fun too.

I like your blog. I think it is cool... the contents are interesting in my opinion. I have bookmarked your blog, keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com

 

free myspace counters
Target Online Coupons